Tuesday 25 November 2008

ladytrump



I went to see Ladytron on Monday.
Having always liked their music, I've never really rated them as a live band, although this was the third time I've seen them, as they supported the almighty Nine Inch Nails on their last UK tour... I always felt a bit cheated.

Their wicked electropop is bangin' enough to create a really energetic atmoshpere live, yet it never quite does...there seems to be a Kraftwerk-style seriousness to them. Maybe that's what happens when bands use lots of vintage [expensive] synths that just can't be knocked or kicked or prodded with too much gusto...

As a result of their lack of energy on stage, the audience never really gets going either.
Now, maybe this is just me - but if i pay £13 to see an act for ONE hour, I want the chance to really get some exercise and dance about and generally Git Daooown...

The played for just under an hour, which included the three-song encore. They didn't play ANYTHING from 604 [my fave album] ...How rubbish is that?

I did dance, and I did enjoy myself, I'm impressed by their new stuff and will get their new album, and the sound quality was really good...

it just wasn't as good as The Faint gig last Wednesday.

If you're going to financially support this band, I'd spend your money on their music [like, buy it rather than download for free] instead of going to their gigs...unless you want to gaze at their beauty [sponsored my MAC] in the flesh, which I admit is actually quite good fun. :)

Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch


look! they don't really move - and this was their Big Tune!

No comments:

Followers